Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

My wife had 4 stage brain cancer so I her husband become her

Customer Question

my wife had 4 stage brain cancer so I her husband become her care giving .I made all day to day plans for her because she could still communicate she was not 100% so I did everything .So I was looking for a nursing home for because she needed fulltime care .I told her family that & all hell happen .they took her the next day & decided to take care of her. A week later she gave her car to her oldest son who lives out of town the car is in her name .I did not know about this until I was told it was in his name ,her family never did me.her cancer was really bad at that time theres noway she would ever do that if she had no cancer.I beleave they took advantage of her weakness.She died 4 weeks later I paid for that car can I get the car back in small claims court.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 7 months ago.
My deepest sympathies for your loss. Yes, you can file for Small Claim to attempt to get the car back if you are alleging that she was coerced into making the gift. You can only file in Small Claims Session if your claim is within the jurisdictional amount of $10,000.00 or less. For more information, forms and instructions, click on the link below: http://www.courts.ca.gov/1256.htm Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.