Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

My daughter age 32 got rear ended and totaled her car. insurance

Customer Question

My daughter age 32 got rear ended and totaled her car. insurance only paid her $6500 on a $10,000 loan she had on the car. Insurance is also dragging out settlement on doctor bills offering less than half of what is owed. My question is can she file for the $3500 in small claims court to make up the difference?
Expert:  Ray replied 7 months ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you tonight. She can sue here for the $3,500 unless she signed a settlement of waiver of her claims for property damages.She would sue the driver and seek the balance of her losses. She needs to hold out here on her medical for what she was out of pocket and then more for her pain and suffering.She can file a complaint with the state claiming they aren't adjusting her claim in good faith.Also she gets paid her hourly rate for any leave she has to take from her job if she is working here, lost wages.
Expert:  Ray replied 7 months ago.
Complain here Consumer Services DivisionHelps consumers and employers with questions and complaints about insurance coverages, including, but not limited to: ***** ***** liability, life/annuities, disability, Medicare supplement, long-term care, dental, vision, hospital, accident, and specified disease*Assists health care providers and facilities with insurance-related questions and complaintsProvides contact information for insurance companiesFor more information, call(###) ###-####(toll free). I hope she will complain and hold out for what she is due for all her injuries, pain, and suffering. I appreciate the chance to help you. If you can leave a positive rating when we are done it is always sincerely appreciated.