Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

Our home has had an Orkin subterranean termite bond since we

Customer Question

Our home has had an Orkin subterranean termite bond since we purchased it in 1973. We have paid the annual fee without missing a single time. An inspection has been made by Orkin each year since then. Last year we noticed termite infestation and called Orkin. They advised us that the infestation was not subterranean but of the flying type. The offered to fumigate the house by tenting and we agreed reluctantly. and we consented to paying more than $2,300. In preparation for the fumigation we were instructed to remove the shrubbery around the house. We than noticed that a subterranean colony had indeed infestated the house. I was not present during the treatment and we had paid. They also promised to spray the foundation after the tenting the following week (early September). We called the local Orkin office repeatedly and finally got the to perform the service in January 2016. We do not know the extent of the damage to the structure.
Expert:  Loren replied 5 months ago.
Good evening. I am Loren, a Florida licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.What is your question?