Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Just wondering about speeding entrapment. I turned left onto

Customer Question

Just wondering about speeding entrapment. I turned left onto a street with a school zone. By the time that I saw the time that the zone started, the police had already clocked my speed. There are tons of schools in the area and they all have different start and stop times. I normally am not on this road at 3:15....my daughter is a high school student that gets out at 4:30, in the opposite direction.
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: What are your thoughts? No I haven't......just beginning to reaeasrch
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know? Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Lawyer can help you best.
Customer: At the point that I turned left, there were no blinking signs to alert of the school zone. I honestly ALWAYS slow down to 20 for the school zones....I just didn't have any idea what time this particular one started. The school zone is also a private church school....there is no sign to designate that the church even has a school.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: The policemen was not willing to even hear my side of the story. It was a motorcycle cop chatting with his buddy. He seemed more interested in getting back to his conversation than listening to me. He yelled at me for interrupting him, but in fact, he wasn't willing to listen to me....A real jerk!
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 7 months ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. Please be patient when waiting for a response. I may be looking something up, typing the response, or busy with something else and sometimes it takes a while to respond. Is there a specific question with which I could assist?