Albert Marmero
Albert Marmero,
Experience:  Partner at Long, Marmero, & Associates, LLP

I would like to have an air bnb in Akron ohio. I would like

Customer Question

I would like to have an air bnb in Akron ohio. I would like to know if there are zoning laws against this. What do I have to do legally to start my buisiness?
Expert:  Albert Marmero replied 6 months ago.
Its tough to give you a comprehensive answer because each municipality is different. I actually represent several municipalities in New Jersey and most of them have no required permits or fees for an AirBNB home, but some do. One of the towns I work for requires registration and then they charge a tax when you have occupants. Closer to you, I believe Cleveland just started a registration and tax program for AirBNB homes. This was done due to the upcoming Republican Convention and the anticipated heavy use of AirBNB. Since you are near Cleveland, Akron may be enacting similar regulations. Other towns I work for just require you to register with the town as a landlord.My professional advice would be to inquire with Akron as to the requirements. Its better to ask ahead of time and know the requirements as opposed to just doing it and getting fined. I hope this response is helpful and if so, please provide a rating so I get credit for this response. Also, please feel free to ask follow-up questions as well.
Expert:  Albert Marmero replied 5 months ago.
I am writing to see if I can be of further assistance and/or to see if you have had a chance to contact Akron regarding these regulations. Also, please provide a rating so I receive credit for my response. Thanks!