LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

My grown son was walking my dog when they both were attacked

Customer Question

My grown son was walking my dog when they both were attacked by a pit bull dog that had gotten out of a fenced yard where a lady was taking care of her sons dog. My son and dog both went for medical help costing 2000 dollars. my guestion is is the lady watching the dog or her son responsible for the medical bills
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 7 months ago.
Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. She could go after both of them. The owner of the dog and even the women, if she was negligent in the care and watching of the pitbull. Your son should make a written demand for the $2000 and if they do not pay proceed with a lawsuit to recover. Moreover, he should call animal control and the police to document this as well so there is a record of it
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or concerns. I am here to help so please let me know