How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey, JD Your Own Question
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 26009
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Zoey, JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to sue a judge JA: The Lawyer will need to help you

Customer Question

I want to sue a judge
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not yet.
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: Looking for one
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: My daughters father was horrible. He took me to court out of the state we were living in. The judged gave him custody and we lived in another state. There was no abuse, no drug use by me. I had letters from friends saying what a good parent I was. She even said I don't believe there is any abuse here.
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I will be waiting. When I was filling out my information, email, phone number, etc. the page flipped to another page. I don't know if my info went through.***@******.***(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also want to sue my daughter's father for parental alienation. Im suffering from PTSD horribly.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Unfortunately, judges have immunity from suit for actions they take while presiding over a case during the course of their position. If they weren't immune, nobody would do that job, because one party always loses in every judicial decision. If you feel the judge was not competent, however, or that he was not capable of being fair and impartial in his decisions but made rulings out of bias, you can report him to your state's judiciary committee. They take complaints against judges very seriously and they will investigate. If sanctions are appropriate, a judge could even be removed from the bench. Suing your daughter's father for parental alienation is a completely different matter. You would need to talk to a local attorney to find out how viable your suit may be. The biggest problem with suits for parental alienation is proving that the damages you have sustained are as a direct result of the parental alienation. If your PTSD is clearly something you never experienced before until the parental alienation, you could probably clear that hurdle. If not, it may be tough to win. You may also want to consider whether it is your best interest or your daughter's best interest for you to just go into family court to modify your custody agreement so that you get increased access to your daughter. Otherwise, the money you may get on a suit may be nice, but it doesn't solve the root problem. It's also money that won't go toward the support of your daughter. So there's a lot to think about and you should do some consulting with local family lawyers to choose the path here that is in your best interest. Good luck.

Related Legal Questions