Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

I am the beneficiary of a large collection of collectibles

Customer Question

I am the beneficiary of a large collection of collectibles and antiques from a living trust
It is an irrevocable trust. The son wants to sell some of my collectibles for my living expenses. I am left with an expensive house to maintain and I am also disabled. I am 67 and cannot work The wtrustee (son of deceased) not know the extent of the large debts his father had. He is likely to lose a large ranching operation and the property. It has been clearly stated that anyone who tries to attach my collectibles will lose their inheritance. So....they have talked my attorney into having me sell my collectibles and support myself. He is 40 and his sister is 39 and they are both employed. what are my rights? Can the creditors attach my collectibles if they run out of money to pay creditors?
I get $1300. per month as income from social security. Their salaries are substantially more. Do they have this right? they are threatening that it would drag out if I don't agree to the son to be the sole trustee. What are mmy rights?
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 5 months ago.
I am sorry, but I am having difficulty understanding your post. It started out with the son, the trustee wanting to sell your collectibles and ended with the son, the trustee wanting to be the sole trustee. Kindly review your post, edit, properly identity the parties and the issues, ask specific questions, and resubmit. Thank you for your cooperation.