How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I began paying a debt owed to JCP&L via their collection agency

Customer Question

I began paying a debt owed to JCP&L via their collection agency called CBCS 10/25/13.
on March 29th 2014, I attempted to make another payment and was told the client pulled my file. My starting debt was $2,964.68 and when the file was closed my balance was $2,344.68.
on 4/4/14 I received a bill from my new collector Penn Credit stating that I owed them $2,840.68. I called the company and explained to them I paid the previous company $620.00 and I would not send them any money until the corrected the amount due. I was given a fax number and asked to send proof of payment, which I did. I was told my file would be reviewed and someone would contact me. I didn't hear anything until I received a bill 8/31/15 stating that I owed $2,716.68 that was also reported on my credit report. How do I get this bill corrected, and removed from my credit. I was paying the debt prior to them taking over and not correcting the balance even when proof was provided.
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Barrister replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

Related Legal Questions