Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I had a couple of DUI convictions in 2006. I have not driven

Customer Question

I had a couple of DUI convictions in 2006. I have not driven since my licence was revoked back then.
I was told that to reinstate my licence, I must get a breath analyser installed in my car until 2018 .I do
not have a car so it would have to be put in my mother's car. I am 51 years old and am on SS disability
due to a near-fatal infection from necrotizing fasciitis (flesh-eating bacteria). Steer me, please.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
You would need to comply with the "Ignition Interlock Device" requirement even if you do not have your own car in order for your license to be reinstated. There is no way around this. You obviously will need your mother's permission in order to get the device installed in her vehicle. Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.