Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

My father in law has a feeding tube that works well. He has

Customer Question

My father in law has a feeding tube that works well. He has been walking ok till recently though he has advanced parkinson's disease. It's very hard for him to speak but he has all his faculties. He looks awful but actually functions ok with help of his home health worker. Was admitted to the hospital about a week ago because i couldn't get out of bed to go to the bathroom etc and his elderly wife was desperate. At the hospital at first they said he has pneumonia but them just mucus plugs that can be managed but not cured. Now they are promoting hospice care and seem to imply he has no choice. Doctors are speaking with us very little. Its frustrating and frightening to him and to us. He wants to keep trying home care. What can they force him to do?
JA: Real Estate issues can be tricky and expensive. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: why are you writing to me about real estate when I asked a questions about hospice care?
JA: I'm just trying to get information to help you.
Customer: Information on hospice are would be helpful. No real estate. do you have any hospice care information?
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: My father in law has a feeding tube that works well. He has been walking ok till recently though he has advanced parkinson's disease. It's very hard for him to speak but he has all his faculties. He looks awful but actually functions ok with help of his home health worker. Was admitted to the hospital about a week ago because i couldn't get out of bed to go to the bathroom etc and his elderly wife was desperate. At the hospital at first they said he has pneumonia but them just mucus plugs that can be managed but not cured. Now they are promoting hospice care and seem to imply he has no choice. Doctors are speaking with us very little. Its frustrating and frightening to him and to us. He wants to keep trying home care. What can they force him to do? He is 90 years old. Are you in touch with a health care atty or doctor?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today. He should qualify for in home hospice.Hospice gets him around 7 hours a day of licensed nursing care.This should improve his quality of life.Ask about in home hospice.This should not be a problem, you just need to make sure you get in home hospice.
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.
If you or the wife want to be involved here with his care here is a release form that gives you access to the doctors and his records.This resolves HIPAA problems and allows you to advocate and talk to the doctors. https://www.athenaeum.edu/pdf/free-hipaa-release-form.pdf I appreciate the chance to help you tonight and wish him and you the best.
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.
If you get me the state where he is I will get you reference.