LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.

I am in the middle of a dispute with a vendor over a payment

Customer Question

I am in the middle of a dispute with a vendor over a payment (I am within the 30-day terms of payment)...
Recently, I received this email from them:
"Been trying to reach you , need to know when are you going to send payment , (we take credit cards also) before my boss takes you to the collections department or he send couple of guys to blow back all the leafs to your front yard."
My question is, can it be considered a "Threat against my property"?
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 6 months ago.
Good morning. What state do you reside in?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm in Pennsylvania.
Thank you. For them to be criminally
prosecuted they would have to damage your property. Simply blowing leaves back on it would not do this and the statement made was likely to show you that the money needs to be paid (because they think they are owed it) or else they will no longer do any works. I highly doubt they would come back and blow leaves back onto it and if they did you can try and record it but then file a civil suit for damages / costs incurred to remove its.
I do not think the statement would rise to a criminal level
Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 5 months ago.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!