Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney
Experience:  Partner at Kent Law Group, LLC

I purchased a new car 8 weeks was daughter..i

Customer Question

i purchased a new car 8 weeks was for my daughter..i put her on the loan as a cobuyer so she could start establishing her credit...she took the car and moved her boyfriends..she is 19 no job and no credit...the sherriff told me i couldnt get my car back because she is listed as there anyway for me to get the vehicle back so my credit isnt negativly affected
JA: Separation can be tough for everyone involved. Fortunately, the attorneys we work with excel at providing the information you need, and I excel at matching you with the one who's the best fit. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: this isnt a seperation...this is my daughter..and no i havent contacted an attorney
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: not that im aware of...she took both sets of keys and took my loan agreement out of my files
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 5 months ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I’ll be happy to help you in any way I can. This site is for educational purposes only. Sometimes - although certainly not always - experts have to give you what you deem “bad news” but that should not be a reflection of how satisfied you are with the assistance your expert provided. Experts on this site receive credit for assisting you when you click the rating (the stars) so please submit a rating prior to logging off. You aren't charged anything extra by submitting a rating.I really am sorry you're in this situation but given the fact that she owns the car to the same extent you do, she is entitled to use/ownership of the car to the same extent you are.
You could also *try* to get another set of keys, go to where the car is and take it ... because, as I said, the two of you own it to the same extent. Does that make sense? Please let me know if you have any other questions or you need me to clarify anything. I'd be happy to do so. I'm also available by phone if that would help you. Please also submit a rating if you're satisfied with your assistance; this will not cost you anything extra and it's the only way we get credit for assisting you. If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative rating so that I may try to clarify anything that may be unclear to you. My goal is to make sure that you are satisfied with the assistance you've received, so if there's anything else I can do to help you, please let me know.
Hi. I just wanted to check in with you and see if everything was okay, and if there was anything I could help you with. Please don't hesitate to respond if there is.