Marsha411JD, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Atty, 29 yrs exp in the practice of law.

The guy t my car run the stop sign T-bone, he gave to the

Customer Question

The guy hit my car run the stop sign T-bone, he gave to the police fake insurance.
The damage to may car it's cost almost $8,000.00. I have liability insurance so my insurance will not cover the damage. The truck his driving is for his business, he own mover company. Can I sue him for small claim at the court. The police officer went back to his house for third time and gave me 3 different insurance but is still invalid.
He drive expensive truck. Can I sue him at the court
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for the information and your question. Yes, you can file suit against the owner of the vehicle that hit you in small claims court in Texas, as long as the amount you are seeking is $10,000 or less. You can find information on how to file your suit and the process in small claims court by going to the following link:

If you have any injuries or might have damages over $10K, then you should sit down with a personal injury attorney who will take your case on a contingency basis and file suit on your behalf.

Please feel free to ask for clarification if needed. Thank you

Hello again,

I wanted to touch base with you and make sure that you did not have any follow up questions for me from the answer I provided to you on the . For some reason, the Experts are not always getting replies, or ratings (at the top of the question/answer page you are viewing or in the pop up box for this question), which is how we get credit(paid by the Site) for our work, that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I received neither. Please keep in mind that I cannot control the law or your circumstances, and am ethically bound to provide you with accurate information based on the facts you give me even if the news is not good.If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating, please let me know so that I can inform the Site administrator. Please note that Site use works best while using a computer and using either Google Chrome or Firefox.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue, if needed. You can bookmark my page at:

Thank you.