Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

My name is***** was told by my mom that SRI.came

Customer Question

HI my name is***** was told by my mom that SRI.came to my sister's address looking for me can they do that I never gave out my sister's address because I don't talk to her anymore.
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not yet this just happened.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: I have a vehicle that is in repo I am trying to pay off the car
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
They can legally come looking for you and your vehicle wherever they can find it. So, it is not illegal for them to come look for you or the vehicle at your relatives homes if they choose.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Even though I didn't give them my sister's information.
Thank you for your reply.
The way they work is they check your credit reports and other history and look up relatives and even friends and neighbors of yours and they can go to them looking for you, even if you did not give them the information. These people are looking to collect the debt, so they have the right to investigate and contact people to do so.