legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer
Experience:  Just Answer consultant at Self employed
63726236

My friend pass ...we share living expenses.I live in a mobile

Customer Question

My friend pass ...we share living expenses.I live in a mobile home but I dont have a title to the house trailer.
Expert:  legalgems replied 1 year ago.
Hello; my sympathies for your loss; was there a will?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no

Expert:  legalgems replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry to hear of this; so if the title to the trailer does not name a joint survivor/beneficiary, then the decedent owner's will or trust would dictate who the proper heir is to be; if there is no will or trust, then the property will pass via the laws of intestate succession. According to the laws of intestate succession, the next of kin (ie spouse, blood relative) is the proper heir; if there are no heirs, then unfortunately the property will "escheat" (revert) to the estate. If there are no immediate family members, generally one will go down the line of descendants and then back up the line of ancestors to see if there is a removed uncle/cousin etc that would be the proper heir. I know this is not the information you wished to hear, but if there is no will or other effective document a non relative is unable to inherit the property.
Expert:  legalgems replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer.I hope the information provided was useful.Here is a link to the bar association's legal referral site:http://apps.americanbar.org/legalservices/lris/directory/Should you have further questions please post here; otherwise kindly--- Rate Positively---so the site credits me for assisting you.Thank you and take care!