Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

How would I fight a "Operating a motorcycle w/o a licence". I rode my dirt bike

Customer Question

How would I fight a "Operating a motorcycle w/o a licence". I rode my dirt bike into my small town to put gas in and was pulled over a issued a ticket with a fine of $200.50. I am 17 and my dirt bike is not street legal. How could I fight this or get it reduced?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
here is my current defense I have prepared "Reason for Incident: I was in the need of gasoline and had no means of getting it other than taking my motorcycle directly to the gas station.I own a car so I could not load up the bike in order to put gas in it, we also do not own any gas cans other wise I would not be here. In Alma Center many people bring their own atvs and machines alike directly to the gas station. I saw this and, pardon my ignorance, thought it was okay for me to do so as well. I was respectfully ***** ***** the gas station at a speed below the limit and within all other legal restraints. I was also wearing proper protective gear as required by law. I am a responsible kid but I was just ignorant. I did not knowingly break the law, I have a clean driving record and it will stay that way as I am a well rounded defencive driver. I also currently do not hold a job therefore it would be extremely challenging to pay any fine that may be given to me. As a result of my clean driving record I respectfully ***** ***** the charge be dropped if I partake in a riders education course where I will learn how to properly ride, maneuver, and safely control my motorcycle within the restraints of the law."
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 7 months ago.
Good morning. Are you able to obtain a license prior to your court date?