AttyHeather, Lawyer
Experience:  15 years law practice experience

I was recently pulled over and officers found drugs in my car.

Customer Question

I was recently pulled over and officers found drugs in my car. i went to jailwaited to see judge for bail.went before judge before 72hrs and he read my charges to me and set my bail.well heres my quest.the charges were wrong he said and wrote totally different charges I.e I was in possession of meth but charges said marijuana. is this grounds for dismissal
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 6 months ago.
Hi, My name is*****'m an attorney with 15 years vigorous courtroom practice experience, and I would like to assist you in answering your question. My response is for information and education, and not as legal advice and we do not form an attorney/client relationship.I'm sorry you are finding yourself in this situation. If you actually had meth, but you were charged with marijuana, I think eventually the prosecutor will realize the error and make an amendment to the case. Most likely, yes, the marijuana charges will be dismissed, because they cannot prove you had marijuana, but the meth charges will be added. So, long story short, you will still have a case against you. Most likely it was a typographical error and pleadings are allowed to be amended if that occurs.Please let me know if this answers your question. Best, ***** ***** Attorney