Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

We have filed BK13 almost 3 years ago after losing our jobs.

Customer Question

We have filed BK13 almost 3 years ago after losing our jobs. Finally starting last year our income started to climb and especially this year my income is in upward and climbing. The Trustee filed, and said we could accord to pay $2,700.00 a month. We had very cheap rent since it was Pops house. He passed last week at 98 and My husband and I are deciding whether to buy his home since my husband is in the will (there are 4 of them), the rent in the area we are living are as high as the Mortgage. Our lawyer stated we need an approval from the court. Today I was shocked to receive an e-mail from the Lawyer stating perhaps we shouldn't object the Trustee. I am quite upset, since the family is in a hurry to sell the home, we have the funeral tomorrow and next day after Grandpa's passing they were clearing out his room. With our BK13 in record, I am not sure if someone is going to lend us the money for a loan or require higher rent depot if we can't afford the home. It would most likely take few more months to figure all out, but in the end it will be Mortgage or rent. Why would I cancel the objections to pay what the Trustee wants. Do I need another Lawyer? We are very stressed out with this situation at this time and very worried where we are going to live with our two kids.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
My deepest sympathies for your loss. You should not cancel your objection to the Trustee's request that you pay more. Just because your income increased does not mean that your expenses remain the same. In this case, your expenses would be higher after the passing of your Grandpa. You should instruct your Attorney to continue to object to the Trustee's request and file papers with the Court opposing the request. If your Attorney refuses, then you may have to go it alone because it may be difficult to get a new Attorney in a very short notice to file the objection. However, it is not impossible. You can use the following sites to find local Bankruptcy Attorneys: Nacba.org Consumeradvocates.org Lawyers.com Justia.com Findlaw.com Goodluck with your case, Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I will do just that.
You are quite Welcome! Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.