Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

I live in the state of Illinois. The company is being sued

Customer Question

I live in the state of Illinois. The company is being sued for denial of accidental disability benefits. I was the claims examiner however, during my absence, another examiner handled the claim sending out the denial letter but attaching my name to the letter. Is this fraud? I've been asked to do a deposition because my name is ***** ***** letter. I've advised internal counsel that I could not because I in-fact was not the one to provide insight on the decision made. Can I sue?
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 7 months ago.
I am sorry to hear this. I think you would not have a very strong basis to sue as yoi really did not suffer any damages. It is fraudulent but no harm really resulted. You can simply testify in your deposition about what happened.