Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney
Experience:  Partner at Kent Law Group, LLC

Capias on child support missed court date dates were mixed

Customer Question

Capias on child support missed court date dates were mixed up gonna turn myself in
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I thought court date was tomorrow it was the 18
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: Work just picked back up so I made payment today
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 6 months ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I'll be happy to help you. What is your question? The first word of your request is "Capias" - what does that mean? If you missed your court hearing due to an on an honest mistake, your best bet is to call the phone number on your motion paperwork and let them know. Unless this a common issue for you they are generally very understanding about it.