legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer
Experience:  Just Answer consultant at Self employed
63726236

On December 18th 2015 I went to small claims court because

Customer Question

Hello, On December 18th 2015 I went to small claims court because my neighbor hit the well in my front yard with her lawn mower. I lost the case
it cost me $1000+ to fix it. My question is, Is legal to make a judgment based on outside influences? And should I make a corruption report against the courthouse in Buffalo, MN.
Expert:  legalgems replied 10 months ago.
Minnesota is one of the few states that allows either party to appeal a small claims case. This is called a "removal". To remove, file and pay fees for the following within 20 days of the date the judgment was mailed:Demand for removal;Affidavit of good faith; andAffidavit of service.Since the court that will hear this is District Court, it is really best to hire an attorney, as the process is much more complex. One can also request a jury trial in District court. Also, it is possible to file a complaint against a judge, but most people will pursue the appellate process. Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat. Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you.(no additional charges are incurred). Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. Thank you and take care.
Information on complaints against judges are here:http://www.bjs.state.mn.us/complaints Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat. Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you.(no additional charges are incurred). Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. Thank you and take care.
Thank you for using Just Answer.I hope the information provided was useful.Here is a link to the bar association's legal referral site:http://apps.americanbar.org/legalservices/lris/directory/Should you have further questions please post here; otherwise kindly--- Rate Positively---so the site credits me for assisting you.Thank you and take care!