How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 38389
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

TEXAS: If I move out at 17 and move in with a friend older

Customer Question

TEXAS: If I move out at 17 and move in with a friend older than 18 are they harboring a run away if I tell police where I am and call my parent and tell them exactly where I am?
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ray replied 10 months ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you. The parents here can report you as a runaway.The police if they decide to check on you have right to return you to your parents.Unless you are emancipated the age here in Texas is 18.You are so close here the parents may not report it.And even then it is not the highest priority with law enforcement since they know where you are.By notifying the police they may decide it is not worth it in this matter since you are in no danger. And I can understand the need to live elsewhere.Telling the police and the parents is the best you can do, hopefully law enforcement decides it is not a priority. Legally you are still a minor--don 't shoot the messenger. I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.
Expert:  Ray replied 10 months ago.
If you can positive rate when we are done it is always much appreciated.I wish you the best here.