Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

Does an iowa resident need to carry identification

Customer Question

does an iowa resident need to carry identification
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 6 months ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I’ll be happy to help you in any way I can. This site is for educational purposes only. Sometimes - although certainly not always - experts have to give you what you deem “bad news” but that should not be a reflection of how satisfied you are with the assistance your expert provided. Experts on this site receive credit for assisting you when you click the rating (the stars) so please submit a rating prior to logging off. You aren't charged anything extra by submitting a rating.I want to make sure I understand your question... Are you asking whether an iowa resident must carry a regular ID (driver's license, etc.). If so, no. I have seen no law that suggests you're in violation of Iowa law if you do not have an id on you. Please let me know if you have any other questions or you need me to clarify anything. I'd be happy to do so. I'm also available by phone if that would help you. Please also submit a rating if you're satisfied with your assistance; this will not cost you anything extra and it's the only way we get credit for assisting you. My goal is to make sure that you are satisfied with the assistance you've received, so if there's anything else I can do to help you, please let me know.