Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

I have to fill out a writ of garnishment as an LLC owner but

Customer Question

I have to fill out a writ of garnishment as an LLC owner but I am the garnishee and I have no profits or wages so how do i fill this form out
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: already did
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: nope
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today. Can you tell me what state is involved, thanks..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Maryland
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.
So here you just set out in a letter on your letterhead that you have "0" salary at present time and that you are one of the owners of the LLC.You would state the LLC is not at the point where any wages are paid to you, but that if the situation changes you will advise them.There are currently no wages from which to garnish the amounts in the order of garnishment. Attach it to the copy of the order and return it all to the lawyer.They cannot get blood form a turnip--na wages here to garnish on.You might also consider Chapter 7 here, no wages so you would qualify and could discharge the debt. I appreciate the chance to help you today.I wish you the best here.