legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer
Experience:  Just Answer consultant at Self employed
63726236

How would I go about getting a motion to quash

Customer Question

Hi, how would I go about getting a motion to quash
Expert:  legalgems replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for requesting me:I was able to locate a sample motion here Since these motions can be confusing, I would urge you to either hire an attorney, or try and contact a local legal clinic (often hosted by law schools) to at least review the documents.Also, you may want to contact the local domestic violence shelters, as if there was a protective order, they may be able to offer assistance through one of their pro bono attorneys.
For a potential list please see here
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you. Could you tell me what qualifies one for a motion to quash
There are several;the request is overbroad, inconvenient; the information that is being requested at trial is privileged. It is possible to request the motion based on the fact that the information is obtainable from a more readily accessible source.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you and do I have to have this motion before my court date which is May 2 or can I ask for it at that court date
You are welcome; no, it needs to be filed in advance; I would urge you to contact an attorney to assist given the time frame; the court may grant a continuance so the motion can be considered.
Thank you for using Just Answer.I hope the information provided was useful.Here is a link to the bar association's legal referral site:http://apps.americanbar.org/legalservices/lris/directory/Should you have further questions please post here; otherwise kindly--- Rate Positively---so the site credits me for assisting you.Thank you and take care!