Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I signed a lease condo in san jacendro with a girelfriend

Customer Question

I signed a lease for a condo in san jacendro with a girelfriend and a blind lady she is a caretaker for.paid to get utilities conected almost imediately she got me to leave saying I don t live there .is there anything I can do to get out of the lease .out of my ,1 year comitment for electricity that comes out of my checking account .also boight a tv worth 688 dollars .I had no idea I was getting det up for this .they do not make enogh money to qualify for the lease what do I do .im retired make limited small pension .and am now liveing on my boat in newport beach .my name is ***** ***** and my phone number is(###) ###-####
Expert:  Barrister replied 10 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question..I am sorry to hear that you are in this situation... .Are you just listed as a co-signer or are you listed as a tenant under the lease?.If you are on the lease as a tenant, how did she get you to leave?..thanksBarrister