LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 30 years of experience in the legal field.

My dad was buried in cemetery in DC the cemetery in preparation

Customer Question

Hi my dad was buried in cemetery in DC the cemetery in preparation for burial of my mom told us they discovered dad was not buried in pre-paid plot. After looking for him for 3 months they said they found him in another plot nearby where he should be. We are not sure if this is him. How do we get DNA done & what legal recourse do we have?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.
Good afternoon,I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your family's situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. You will have to have the body exhumed and then you can have DNA tested to ensure that it is your father---prior to having him buried in the proper plot. You can expect that the cemetery will absorb the expenses based on their mistake. If you are interested in suing based on the negligence of the cemetery, you may file suit in court in DC and seek damages for emotional suffering and negligence. You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.I wish you and yours the best in 2016,Doug