Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

I enrolled in an online Bachelor degree program at the University

Customer Question

I enrolled in an online Bachelor degree program at the University of Phoenix in 2014. The Enrollment Adviser and me discussed in great detail, what I wanted to pursue and he in fact told me what degree and classes I would have to take in order to become a Social Worker. I found out from another angry classmate a couple of months ago that I wouldn't be able to become a licensed Social Worker. So I contacted my Student adviser and he then apologized and said, no I can not become licensed. No one bothered to contact me or anything about their changes, because my orientation, and first few months of school work, even the assignments clearly stated that I would be able to be a Social Worker, with this degree. This whole time I've been going to school, to obtain something the school officials knew that I wouldn't.
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 6 months ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I’ll be happy to help you in any way I can. This site is for educational purposes only. Sometimes - although certainly not always - experts have to give you what you deem “bad news” but that should not be a reflection of how satisfied you are with the assistance your expert provided. Experts on this site receive credit for assisting you when you click the rating (the stars) so please submit a rating prior to logging off. You aren't charged anything extra by submitting a rating.I'm so sorry you're dealing with this. You have a couple of options - you can try to file suit (but that is an expensive option). You can file a complaint with the BBB. You can stop paying your tuition and attempt to negotiate a partial refund (either with or without an attorney). By no means are any of these guaranteed and I truly wish I *could* give you a more satisfactory answer. This sort of thing happens a lot with online programs and it's completely totally utterly unfair. I know that doesn't make it any better, though. Please let me know if you have any other questions or you need me to clarify anything. I'd be happy to do so. I'm also available by phone if that would help you. Please also submit a rating if you're satisfied with your assistance; this will not cost you anything extra and it's the only way we get credit for assisting you. My goal is to make sure that you are satisfied with the assistance you've received, so if there's anything else I can do to help you, please let me know.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Okay, so why am I unable to rate your assistance?