AttyHeather, Lawyer
Experience:  15 years law practice experience

Good Evening, Pearl, JA: The Lawyer will need to help you

Customer Question

Good Evening, Pearl,
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No, I have not. I have sent a wire of money overseas. My friend was to pick up the money, but the bank claimed that the money was to go to a shipping company. My friend told them that some of it was, but the rest was to go for hotel, and air tickets back to the states. They apparently got into quite a discussion. To solve the matter, my friend told them to send the money back to me. He checked with the bank the next day to see if the money had gone out. They claimed that it did. It has been 7 days and the money is not here yet. What is my recourse in this matter. I know that I should wait the required 10 days, but I am getting worried now. Any suggestions you could give me would be most beneficial. Thank you so much, Carol
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Lawyer can help you best. Estate law can seem daunting, but getting accurate information now can save you headaches down the road. The attorneys we work with have a lot of experience, and I'd like to match you with the one who's the best fit. Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: Nothing else but what you have in my notes. I have sent money before and had no problems until now.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 6 months ago.
Hi, My name is*****'m an attorney with 15 years vigorous courtroom practice experience, and I would like to assist you in answering your question. My response is for information and education, and not as legal advice and we do not form an attorney/client relationship.I have heard this type of issue many times before and I have personally known several individuals who have relayed this type of problem. I am wondering if you have ever met the person overseas you sent the money to. This situation screams scam to me, and I wonder if someone possibly tricked you into sending money by playing onto your emotions. You are relying on what your "friend" has told you, but do you have any documents to verify anything that he or she is stating? Again, I've heard this exact fact pattern so many times, I am deeply worried that you have been scammed, and if the money has been transferred out by your bank, there won't be alot you can do except wait to see if your friend is honest and it comes back.I'm sorry I don't have better news, but if you have found my information has answered your question, could you please provide me with a positive rating so that the site administrators are aware that I am doing my job.Sincerely,Heather S, Attorney