Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in both state and federal court.
45002201

My fiancé has Polar 1 mania, she went on a vacation , and

Customer Question

My fiancé has Bi Polar 1 mania, she went on a vacation , and stopped communicating , I found her after 3 weeks living with several homeless people whom she calls her new family , I went out to where she was and refused to see me , she would not go to hospital for treatment with medication it would help her get back to reality . I went back a second time to beg her to go get help she threw a large rock at me hit me in the leg and another rock almost hit me in the head because I froze our bank account that she had drained of almost all our savings she wanted to kill me and said so , police could not do anything , can I as a non blood relative but as a future husband go to family court and file for an Ex Parte for a judge to grant me the motion to have her taken to hospital by police she is a danger to herself and others , this happened before in 2012 records are on file at hospital where police took her the last time this happened , I don't know what else to do I am frantic with fear
Expert:  Chris T., JD replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I'll be happy to assist you.It sounds like your best bet is to have her committed involuntarily. In order for that to happen, she must meet the following criteria. She must be:be mentally ill or suffering from substance abuse ANDbe imminently dangerous to self or others, ANDbe in need of care or treatment, or both, and there is no suitable alternative available through existing facilities and programs which would be less restrictive than hospitalization.
This report can be made by anyone. You don't have to be a blood relative to make the report to the police.
Do you have any questions? If so, feel free to ask. If not, please remember to "rate" my answer before you go.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did not get a reply to my second question
I'm sorry, I don't see a second question. What is your second question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here it is again , how do I commit her and where ? She will not go voluntarily she will resist who will take her in ? Will I commit her to hospital I'm confused do I still go to family court and ask judge to grant me motion to have her picked up. Please help I'm a nervous wreck
You cannot commit her. You need to call the police and they can do it. There is no legal status that comes along with being a fiancee. Fiancees are no different, from a legal perspective, than strangers.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So I can go into family court file motion ex Parte and judge will hear my case and grant or not
No. As I've said, you need to call the police. If she's a danger to herself, they can bring her in.
Is there something else I can do for you?