Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

My son is in the Army stationed in Killen, Texas. He was parked

Customer Question

My son is in the Army stationed in Killen, Texas. He was parked on the side of the road behind the wheel and drunk. This happened back in Feb 2016 and afterwards the military sent him to rehab with additional penalties. He has to go before a judge May 2, 2016. My Question: Being this is his first offense. What are the rules in Texas and should I get him a Lawyer?
Concerned Mom
Expert:  Ray replied 7 months ago.
Hi Mom and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you tonight.What was he charged with here?
Expert:  Ray replied 7 months ago.
If it was DUI here are the penalties What are the penalties for a DUI in Texas?1st OffenseMinimum Jail 3 to 180 days30 days to 1 yearFines and Penalties Up to $2,000 (unless a child under 15 is in car)Up to $4,000 (unless a child under 15 is in car) License suspension 90-365 days.. Yes he needs a lawyer you can locate one here. https://www.texasbar.com/AM/Template.cfm?Section=Lawyer_Referral_Service_LRIS_
Expert:  Ray replied 7 months ago.
Generally speaking, Texas DWI penalties are :A First-Offense conviction will less than a .15 BAC includes the possibility of a fine not to exceed $2,000.00 and/or a jail sentence from 3 days to 180 days, and a driver’s license suspension of 90 to 365 days. (Class B Misdemeanor). Where, however, there is a BAC .15 or more, the possibility of a fine increases to $4,000 and jail increases to one year (Class A misdemeanor). I appreciate the chance to help you tongiht.I wish you the best here.
Expert:  Ray replied 7 months ago.
If yu can positive rate it is much appreciated.
Expert:  Ray replied 7 months ago.
Thanks again for letting me help you and the best.