CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.

We are suing our attorney negligence .Do I need to

Customer Question

We are suing our attorney for legal negligence .Do I need to have an attorney as support to prove legal negligence. Our attorney violated ethics rule 1.1-1.4 , he hid the fact that he did not report the medical professionals who committed medical malpractice to the estate.. In addition he resigned after the attorneys for the medical facility filed motions stating that he did not name the medical professionals.
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 6 months ago.
Legal malpractice cases are based almost entirely on expert testimony. You must not only find an attorney to act as an expert witness regarding the standard of care for your prior lawyer (to prove the "negligence" elements of the case), but also an attorney expert (and potentially other experts) to testify regarding the underlying claim (you must prove that absent the attorney's malpractice you would have achieved a better result - often termed "the case within the case"). Due to the complexity of these claims, I highly recommend that you retain a legal malpractice plaintiff's lawyer (also called trial attorneys). Fortunately the majority of these attorneys will provide you with a free consultation, and many will represent you on a contingency basis (they will advance the costs of litigation and legal services in exchange for a portion of your successful settlement or judgment). You can find local attorneys using the State and Local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as;; or (I personally find to be the most user friendly).