Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.
18215332

Hey how are you JA: I'm good. And you? Customer: great pear

Customer Question

hey how are you
JA: I'm good. And you?
Customer: great pear question
JA: Glad to hear it. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: my truck was repoed under bankruptcy i
s this a case
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I filed ch 13 on tues on thurs morning they snatched my car from work my attny contacted the lein holder to verify I was in bankruptcy thurs. Friday morning papers release papers were sent I was a little ugly with the repo on the phone on my way there which was yesterday around 300pm they told me that they close at 4 pm which when I got there they were still open and I couldn't get my car until mon Im losing money and work
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 9 months ago.
Under the bankruptcy code, a creditor (that means the bank and not those 'nice;' repo guys) whoviolates the automatic stay of proceedings under Section 362 of the Bankruptcy Act may be held in contempt of court, and possibly be held liable for damages. Your attorney should be able to tell you if there is enough money involved to take action in this regard. I hope this is helpful and that you will enter a positive rating for my assistance.