Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

Evicting a person who was hired to provide transportation to

Customer Question

evicting a person who was hired to provide transportation to school for my children. Stated she had put a deposit on an apartment,but it was not ready. She asked if she could move in for few days. I foolishly believed her. Now she has moved in her 2 teenaged daughters & 4 cats. I have served the 30 day eviction notice. She records & films everything I say & do. Now she states that I can't use the bathroom in the hall because I have a bathroom in the master bedroom. Is there a
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: my mother owns the house & I live in it with my 3 children, ages 13, 7 & 5. She is the one who served eviction notice. She called CPS & reported the kids were in danger. Everything was unfounded of course. She called the police to report that I had guns. Then again that I was cultivating marijuana. None of it true. Do I have to be nice to this woman?
JA: Tell me more about your problem so I can decide what kind of lawyer you need. I'm sorry I'm feeling very dense today, I just don't understand what variety of lawyer you are looking for. Could you please name the kind of lawyer you want to see?
Customer: if you don' t know, then I'm wasting my time & yours. I need to know if what she is doing is allowed under tenant landlord law. Why is she filming & recording. Isn't it illegal to record someone without their consent?
JA: I'm sorry. I just don't know enough law. I'll have to hand you off to a general lawyer. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 6 months ago.

Dear Customer,

My apologies for the above, it appears you got into a loop discussion with our intake service.

My name is ***** ***** I am a civil litigation attorney with experience in landlord/tenant disputes.

If you can provide me with the state where this is taking place I can better assist you (each state has slightly different rules and I can provide you with more accurate information based on the state where the home is located).