Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney
Experience:  Partner at Kent Law Group, LLC
92304199

I am a mental health therapist. I was declined credentialling

Customer Question

I am a mental health therapist. I was declined credentialling with Molina Healthcare. I appealed their decision based on the fact that my specific speciality is working with Africian American and bi/multi-cultural persons in New Mexico. There are few Africian American/bi-racial therapists in this state, and access to a person who is culturally sensitive to persons of African American heritage is needed in this state. What is my legal recourse at this time.
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you. Have they provided you with a mechanism for appeal?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. It is my understanding (from the person whom I hired to get credentialing) that I can simply send an appeal letter to appropriate person(s).
That's what I meant when I asked about a mechanism for appeal :-) (Usually it is a letter-based process...) It's a good thing that you have someone to help you through the process. I'm sure they've told you…certain things can be overcome and others cannot. Since I don't know your situation and what prevented them from granting you credentialing I can't speak to that. But I would encourage you to prepare an appeal letter to the network and be as comprehensive as possible with your submission.