LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 30 years of experience in the legal field.

I have been a proposal consultant companies bidding

Customer Question

I have been a proposal consultant for major companies bidding on government requests for proposals. I have been placed with the clients by Winning Solutions, Inc. More than 22 yrs ago I signed an agreement I would not go directly to the clients I have been placed to by Winning Solutions. My current client, DSA in Fairfax, VA fired three proposal managers before I came on board. The proposal staffing company was WSI. A Sr. VP fired WSI, but wants to keep me directly. Am I allowed to work for DSA after WSI was fired? If not, Can another proposal staffing company send my resume in and send me to work for DSA?
Please advice.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.
Good afternoon,I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I am familiar with staffing companies and their general contracts and prohibitions of their employee leaving the staffing company and going to work for a customer of the staffing company that the employee has worked for in the past. So, you will not be able to go directly to your present client simply based on the fact that the client happens to termite the relationship with WSI. Now, it is quite probable that you could go back to the client if you are placed there by another staffing company that you might join if you leave the employ of WSI. However, without actually reading the specific language in your contract with WSI, it is not possible for me to categorically state that there is not a carefully worded prohibition in the contract that would prevent you from being placed with your present client by another staffing company other than WSI. Most staffing contracts I have reviewed over the years only prevent you from going directly to the client as an employee. I have not seen one that would prevent you from working for another staffing employer who happened to place you with the same client. You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.I wish you and yours the best in 2016,Doug
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.
Good afternoon,Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you?In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.As I have provided you with the information you asked for, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?Thanks in advance,Doug