Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

I have a lawyer threatening a law suit loan I do not

Customer Question

I have a lawyer threatening a law suit for a loan I do not recall taking out. When I ask him for the hard copy of the suit he tells me they already mailed it to an address I have not lived at for 3 years and will not send another hard copy.
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: to bcc: meWe are forwarding this case as we have tried to help you but you do not have the intention to pay this .We have allowed you to pay so that we can freeze this account ,but we have not yet received your payment after so many reminders, so under IC3 (Internet Crime Complaint Center) we are considering it as a flat refusal from your side and we have to press charges against you.Also we would like to mention that following charges will be filed against you:(1) VIOLATION OF FEDERAL BANKING REGULATION
(3) THEFT BY DECEPTIONIf you found guilty in court then under Federal Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) you have to bear the entire cost for this lawsuit $3896.47 along with the loan amount, attorney's fees, and the interest charges as well as imprisonment for 6 months.
Not yet.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: that is what he is threatening me with. no nothing. I will take care of it when I see the hard copy but he refuses to send it to me. All he gives is me name, ss # ***** and bank account information that I no longer have.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  Loren replied 6 months ago.
Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.
Expert:  Loren replied 6 months ago.
Have you demanded a copy of the signed note as evidence of your obligation?