Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

We claimed chapter 7 bankruptcy in 2009. We declared & signed

Customer Question

We claimed chapter 7 bankruptcy in 2009. We declared & signed papers to keep our home. By June 2009 our declaration was deemed by the court & we were absolved of our debt. We stayed living in our home till 2012. That's when we decided to pull out our equity an get out of the high house payment and sell. That's when we found out we no longer owned our home. Our bankruptcy trustee nor our attorney told us we lost our home, homestead, house in the bankruptcy. We paid over $45000 to Chase an we didn't even own the house. Is it too late to do anything? Its only been 4 years.
Additionally, you can hop on websites like "p
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 6 months ago.
Let me see if I understand the fact situation. You say that in 2012 you decided to sell the house that you still lived in after a 2009 bankruptcy and found out that you no longer owned it. When you moved out in 2012 where did you go to live? Who has been living in the home since. Over what period of time did you pay Chase Bank $45,000?