Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

Maverick. Hope ur having a good day. I brought up Abraham

Customer Question

Hi maverick. Hope ur having a good day.
I brought up Abraham Lincoln because I wanted u to know why I don't mind if u refer me to a comprehensive pay forms site.
Anyway, when I went on findlaws website for NY forms, I found a very surprising form and it had to do with double damages for holdover cases ( landlord - tenant) . Now, if a tenant is trying to pay the rent, maybe that's one thing. But when its a situation of no pay + holdover, Maybe this would fly. Would u like me to send u a link or do u know about this. Or, did I somehow misunderstand the application of this form ? I know what holdover means so I should have this right. Thanks maverick. Respond when u can.
Expert:  Maverick replied 6 months ago.
First, let me thank you for the bonus amounts. Please go ahead and send me a link as that will help me see what you see....
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi maverick. Apparently this is for areas in new York but outside of new York city which is not surprising. NYC is a tenant biased area.
No prob with the bonus amts. Ur well worth it. I have received fantastic help from the attorneys at ja. U know, the prob with the attorneys on the outside is too many of them want to take every case that comes their way and give pricing that is competitive. So in a particular field for instance like landlord / tenant, where the client calls and asks " how much for an eviction? " the lowest answer is what they want to hear. There are old sayings like a fool is one who has himself for a client ( as lawyers say) but then again there is another saying, " when u want something done right, do it yourself " and " no one is going to take the time like you." when I get the kind of help I do here, by attorneys that are rated so highly, so consistently, it makes sense to learn take care of matters on my own if at all possible in my opinion. Anyway, have a great day and i'm sure i'll be coming back to you for more advice as needed. U know, when I was at the court yesterday, picking up a stipulation, people were asking me if I was a lawyer because I was well dressed. I told them no and recommended u guys at ja. They took me seriously and I'm sure they'll contact. Ja is like the best kept secret in town. Though when u call cust svce and speak with someone in the friggin phillipines..... aargh!
Expert:  Maverick replied 6 months ago.
It sounds like the double damages form may pertain to a commercial lease where some courts have upheld that double damages by the way of doubling the rent for hold over tenants after a 10 year lease expires is not unconscionable because it is feasible that in that period of time, then market rents in NY could in fact have double so it was reasonably in line with what the LL would lose if a tenant were to holdover. Thanks for the other feedback. Let me know if I can help you further.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hmm. One last simple question.
How do u know it's me if I try to contact you and i don't put my name in my question? Do u see my membership info? Thanks maverick
Expert:  Maverick replied 6 months ago.
I would not know it was you unless by chance I happen to recognize your login name "Customer" next to a question. The best way to get a hold of me in the future is to start you question with "This Q is for Maverick only..." Then it will get routed to me.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi maverick. I'm sorry I was unaware of your reply. You will know it's me in the future because I will ask for you only and I will be RMM. If u see RMM, Please check to make sure the login name corresponds. I don't want someone else using my name when they contact you, though it is prob unlikely. Thank you. Have a good day.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm trying to rate u and tip but I just need ur reply to do so.
Expert:  Maverick replied 6 months ago.
Okay, no problem...have a good day...
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
hi maverick. i now went unto my regular computer and i still cannot rate and tip. please advise just answer that i wish to rate 5 stars and tip 20 dollars. in the past when this has happened, i ended up speaking with someone in the phillipines and got nowhere. hopefully, you have a competent usa contact.
Expert:  Maverick replied 5 months ago.
Please save your money for the next time sir. The reason you were not able to rate and tip is because I did not check the "I am ready to be rated" box on this thread because I really did not answer any questions for you. Have a great day!