Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Many lawyers say that we have a really good case. Only issue

Customer Question

Many lawyers say that we have a really good case. Only issue is financial. We really need help. Please help with any and all legal help that would help for cheap or perhaps pro bono. Thank you in advance for all of you help.
Expert:  Ely replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. I am sorry to hear about this situation. I am going to provide some links, but I do not guarantee that an attorney will take your case. But at least hopefully you can get some face to face advice, legal help, or even representation if possible. I can recommend three resources. First, here is a list of all pro bono work in the state...http://www.abanet.org/legalservices/probono/directory/california.html …and another list: http://www.lawhelp.orgFinally, you may call your local law school and see if they have a legal clinic place available. The legal clinic is a free service the school(s) provide to the community. While they are often overbooked, they have openings sometimes. Here is the list law schools in your state: http://www.hg.org/law-schools-california.asp Good luck. I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Could I tell you a little bit more about our case and maybe you can direct me in a slightly better direction?
Expert:  Ely replied 7 months ago.
By all means.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
So we are being evicted from a home that used to be my mothers. We couldn't make some mortgage payments and owed the bank and my old boss offered to pay it off but didn't tell my mother that she had to sign the title over to his name. She only speaks Spanish and was not told about this. We have little to no money. Who can we call?
Expert:  Ely replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your reply and my apologies for the wait.
Honestly, this information does not change my original answer. You are likely looking for an attorney who practices ESTATE LAW. However, aside from what is already listed, there are no other clinics specifically focused on pro bono estate law.
Gentle Reminder: Please, use REPLY or SEND button to keep chatting, or RATE POSITIVELY and SUBMIT your rating when we are finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.