Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

My son has been appointed Conservator and Guardian

Customer Question

My son has been appointed Conservator and Guardian for his father, my ex. My ex has been declared incompetent. He is now in an assisted living facility.
Staff from that facility called my son today to say that his father has been acting in inappropriate ways...throwing something at a resident's dog, ordering his roommate around,etc.
They are moving him to a different room with a roommate who may be more assertive.
If the facility asks him to withdraw, what can be done to find him another place to live?
My son cannot have his Dad live with him.
Thanks for any help you can give.
Martina Flynn
Expert:  Maverick replied 7 months ago.
Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick. Please note that: (A) The information we provide is general information. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by communicating with me. If you want legal advice, you must consult with a local attorney in person before acting or deciding not to act based on any information given here; (B) Experts answer questions based on the honor system. When I feel that I have provided you with a complete answer, I will ask for you to assign a feedback rating so that JA will compensate me for my time; and (C) You should not be concerned about any short delays between your questions and my replies. Please know that I answer most questions within the hour if I am signed on. If I am not signed on, then I still make every attempt to respond within 24 hours. Thank you for taking the time to understand how this site works. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. Answer will follow in the pane below as per above parameters….
Expert:  Maverick replied 7 months ago.
1. What type of medical issues does he have? 2. Is home care an option? 3. Can he not just apply to another facility that has more tolerance than this one?