Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney
Experience:  Partner at Kent Law Group, LLC

I was charged and went to jail last week POSSESSION

Customer Question

I was charged and went to jail last week for FELONY POSSESSION OF A LEGEND DRUG... I had 4 migraine pills that my xboyfriends moms had given me for a headache.... she had given me extra in case needed and i thought nothing of having them until I got pulled over for a traffic stop. I was arrested for driving under suspension and in the midst of being booked they found the pills
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: I just got off the phone with an attorney willing to represent me however he charges $4000 and he wants $2000 up front. I dont have that kind of money. I could work out a payment plan but I don't have $2000 for up front costs as I am currently paying my boss back $1200 for bonding me out and the just got finished paying the bondsman off my fee of $600
JA: Anything else I can tell the Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: I do not have a criminal history. I am a licensed insurance agent and if i am convicted of this charge I WILL LOSE MY CAREER
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 6 months ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I’ll be happy to help you in any way I can. This site is for educational purposes only. Sometimes - although certainly not always - experts have to give you what you deem “bad news” but that should not be a reflection of how satisfied you are with the assistance your expert provided. Experts on this site receive credit for assisting you when you click the rating (the stars) so please submit a rating prior to logging off. You aren't charged anything extra by submitting a rating.I don't want to make you mad by stating the obvious but it would be really really helpful to have an attorney. Even if it's not *this* attorney who wants 2k up front. A good attorney may be able to get you into a pretrial intervention type program that gets all the charges against you dismissed after you complete the program. That's not to say that you couldn't get yourself into the program without an attorney - but in general, a good criminal atty can go a long way towards making that happen. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions or you need me to clarify anything. I'd be happy to do so. I'm also available by phone if that would help you. Please also submit a rating if you're satisfied with your assistance; this will not cost you anything extra and it's the only way we get credit for assisting you. And please don't feel like we have to stop talking after you submit a rating. I'd be more than happy to continue working with you after that as well.