Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

Sharlene, I had a misdemeanor 17 yrs ago and filed

Customer Question

sharlene, I had a misdemeanor 17 yrs ago for assault and filed the appropriate documentation. Can I be denied my license
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I passed my license test and filed the paperwork with information from the court from a 17 yr old assault misdemeanor. will I be denied my license
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What type of license? Did you disclose the misdemeanor on your application for the license?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes and sent in the documentation from the court
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Property and casualty
Thank you for your reply.
The conviction for a misdemeanor for a non-theft/fiduciary crime is not an automatic disqualification for a property/casualty license. The rules are that they "may" disqualify an applicant for a misdemeanor conviction that is related to the practice of selling insurance, but this is based upon discretion of the board and a review of the circumstances around the case. This being an old assault case would not generally disqualify you from receiving your license and the board may require you to explain the circumstances, but generally this will not cause your license to be denied if there have been no issues in 17 years since.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I want my subscription cancelled now
Thank you very much for your reply. Was there anything further I could answer for you, as this was the first reply I have received from you and did not know what other information you may need or want.
Experts have nothing to do with subscriptions, you can contact customer service at***@******.*** to get the site to cancel it, as the experts are not employees of the site and have nothing to do with subscriptions or payments.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
My first time and I answered your questions a few times
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The same ones
Thank you for your reply.
I provided you an answer above to your one reply. I never received any other replies, I have no idea where they went. If you look at this whole thread you would see your question, my question for more information, your one reply and my response and answer to your question. If there was more than that I apologize for any technical issues that caused them not to appear, but I could not reply to something I never received I am very sorry.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sorry u r gone
I am afraid I do not understand, I have not gone anywhere, the experts on this site work with multiple customers so replies can take a little time as each customer deserves the same time, but I do not understand as you can actually see for yourself everything that has been posted in this question thread.