Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney
Experience:  Partner at Kent Law Group, LLC

I was just called by a police asking me to come in

Customer Question

I was just called by a police asking me to come in for questioning tomorrow afternoon no idea what it's about can't call back because it was restricted have to show up because I agreed to go in. Do I need to get a lawyer or would they have said if I were in trouble or if it involved me directly
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 6 months ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I’ll be happy to help you in any way I can. This site is for educational purposes only. Sometimes - although certainly not always - experts have to give you what you deem “bad news” but that should not be a reflection of how satisfied you are with the assistance your expert provided. Experts on this site receive credit for assisting you when you click the rating (the stars) so please submit a rating prior to logging off. You aren't charged anything extra by submitting a rating.First, just so you're aware... when you're asked to "come in for questioning" you're not under any obligation to comply. You *can* certainly do so but I would caution you before speaking to any detectives to first try to get an attorney, so that the attorney is present when you come in for questioning. As for whether you would have been told that you "were in trouble" - the answer to that is no. Sometimes people get called in for information that they may have relating to a particular event. Other times people get called in because the police are hoping to get evidence to use against them. Unfortunately, they don't tell you in advance which it is - or even if it's either of those two things. Does that make sense? I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions or you need me to clarify anything. I'd be happy to do so. I'm also available by phone if that would help you. Please also submit a rating if you're satisfied with your assistance; this will not cost you anything extra and it's the only way we get credit for assisting you. And please don't feel like we have to stop talking after you submit a rating. I'd be more than happy to continue working with you after that as well.
I wanted to check in with you to make sure you had all of the information you wanted to obtain when you posted your question. Please let me know if you DO have all of the information you need; please also let me know if you have any questions or need additional clarification about anything.