Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I bought a house 44 years ago with my wife and she died 5 months

Customer Question

I bought a house 44 years ago with my wife and she died 5 months ago,had a living will living 1/3 for the children.doesn't the house becomes mine? can the children claim my house or any portion of it?
Expert:  Barrister replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question..Were you listed as "joint tenants" or "tenants by the entirety" on the deed?.And a living will is a legal document that gives someone power to make medical or health care decisions about a person but has nothing to do with their estate or assets..Do you mean a living trust?.If so, was the house deeded over to the trust so that the trust is the legal owner?..thanksBarrister