Thomas Swartz
Thomas Swartz, Attorney
Experience:  Twenty one years experience as a lawyer in New York and New Jersey. Former Appellate Law Clerk.
8370490

Greetings , thanks me with your previous answers

Customer Question

Greetings , thanks for helping me with your previous answers .I work as freelancer from pune,india and i get to worked on some big budget projects from my US clients . What i am worried about that in past i have faced some bad comments about me from competitor and it damaged my reputation as well as it did cost me some projects . if some one take my picture and post on some website and make false comments which may result in loss of deal or money ,What possible actions i can take to prevent this in future .is there something i can do against those people .
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Still no response .
Expert:  Thomas Swartz replied 7 months ago.
Hello JACUSTOMER,Sorry I did not get to your question earlier. If someone makes a false statement of fact about you and it damages your reputation, you would have a potential claim of defamation of character against the person. Since you are in India, it might be somewhat difficult to pursue a defamation lawsuit in U.S. courts as a practical matter. But in such instances, it may be effective just to threaten the person or persons with such a lawsuit to get them to stop making false statements.Thomas