Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I hired a roofer to install a new roof on my house. I have

Customer Question

I hired a roofer to install a new roof on my house. I have paid him $12,000 so far. the final bill is estimated at $19,000. His work so far has been acceptable, the problem is, he is taking far too long to do the job, (3 weeks now on a modest 2,000 sq ft home). He does not show up for days at a time. I cannot pin him down for a completion date. There was no signed contract, however, we both signed his proposal which stated the scope of his work. However, there was no mention of any time constraint in the proposal. Now to my question: Do I have any recourse if this man does not speed things up and finish the job expediently? Or do I have to put up with his procrastination? As mentioned above, I have paid him in installments as he requested and have kept my end of the deal. thank you
Expert:  Loren replied 7 months ago.
Good evening. I am Loren, a Florida licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.
Expert:  Loren replied 7 months ago.
Have you given him a deadline in writing to finish?
Expert:  Loren replied 7 months ago.
Are you online with me?