Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney
Experience:  Partner at Kent Law Group, LLC

I need to have a notarized contract daughter in law.

Customer Question

i need to have a notarized contract for my daughter in law. she is taking over my car payments to by my car because she can not get a lone. how should i do that? and is there any way to protect myself? she has been making the payments, servicing the car and has insurance one it.
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no, can't afford one.
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: only, i trust her and she needs this car for my grandbaby
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 6 months ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I’ll be happy to help you in any way I can. This site is for educational purposes only. Sometimes - although certainly not always - experts have to give you what you deem “bad news” but that should not be a reflection of how satisfied you are with the assistance your expert provided. Experts on this site receive credit for assisting you when you click the rating (the stars) so please submit a rating prior to logging off. You aren't charged anything extra by submitting a rating.It's really nice that you're trying to help your daughter-in-law. In general it is not the greatest idea to to enter into contracts with family members. As for how would you would protect yourself, in general, it's really hard. If she stops making car payments and you don't know about it and the car is still in your name, it could destroy your credit score even if you then succeed in recouping some of the money she owes you. Contracts, whether or not they are notarized, are useful for trying to recover money once someone decides to sue. They, unfortunately, don't do very much to protect someone against a destroyed credit score and other such considerations. Does that make sense? I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions or you need me to clarify anything. I'd be happy to do so. I'm also available by phone if that would help you. Please also submit a rating if you're satisfied with your assistance; this will not cost you anything extra and it's the only way we get credit for assisting you. And please don't feel like we have to stop talking after you submit a rating. I'd be more than happy to continue working with you after that as well.
I wanted to check in with you to make sure you had all of the information you wanted to obtain when you posted your question. Please let me know if you DO have all of the information you need; please also let me know if you have any questions or need additional clarification about anything.