Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney
Experience:  Partner at Kent Law Group, LLC

Is a labor union member free to get a lawyer of his choice?

Customer Question

Is a labor union member free to get a lawyer of his choice? Or, are there restrictions or legal steps to follow if a member needs legal representation in connection to my industrial injury, do we have to go to participating providers?
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 6 months ago.
Hi. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I’ll be happy to help you in any way I can. This site is for educational purposes only. Sometimes - although certainly not always - experts have to give you what you deem “bad news” but that should not be a reflection of how satisfied you are with the assistance your expert provided. Experts on this site receive credit for assisting you when you click the rating (the stars) so please submit a rating prior to logging off. You aren't charged anything extra by submitting a rating.You are not under any obligation to use a union representative/attorney and, certainly if you feel more comfortable hiring an attorney of your choosing you may do that. I suspect there are probably cost considerations in your plan based on whether you allow a union atty to represent you vs. hiring your own attorney. Does that make sense? Please let me know if you have any other questions or you need me to clarify anything. I'd be happy to do so. I'm also available by phone if that would help you. Please also submit a rating if you're satisfied with your assistance; this will not cost you anything extra and it's the only way we get credit for assisting you. And please don't feel like we have to stop talking after you submit a rating. I'd be more than happy to continue working with you after that as well.
I wanted to check in with you to make sure you had all of the information you wanted to obtain when you posted your question. Please let me know if you DO have all of the information you need; please also let me know if you have any questions or need additional clarification about anything.